Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The cold, hard facts

The fact of the matter is that I've been too busy living to recount my life on the internet. It's a good place to find oneself. I am literally bursting with lists of things I want to accomplish and ideas I want to express, but I simply can't find the time to put it out here between all of the wonderful things I've been doing with time.

For one, a Mama cat near our subway stop had kittens and I've had to take time on to my commute to stare at them each day. Yes, I have named them. Yes, I have already asked Nathan if I could have one. No, Miss Marple is not going to get any siblings.

I fall more in love with our neighborhood every day. We are moved away from being DINKs (Double Income No Kids) to being "breeders" without the baby yet. I think this is really the best way to describe us. (Side note: Is breeders a strictly NYC term? Everyone here says it--either with delight or disdain. You either hate or love breeders. I, obviously, love them.) Anyway, our neighborhood is full of breeders and really sweet elderly couples. Y'all--our street is closed during the day from traffic and turned into a mini-playground. We have an honest to goodness crossing guard. It fills my heart with joy to walk outside.

One of the cutest little boys ever, who just so happens to live in our building, asked his mother the other morning on the elevator if Nathan was a police officer. I find this unbelievably charming and hilarious. Nathan was wearing khakis and a polo. I guess he just seemed really tall and friendly?

We said goodbye to our friend Alicia today for a few months. She left today for India. Her advenures can be followed at A Goes East. I'm so excited for her and I can't wait to hear all about India.

So, you know, life is going on. Sorry I keep forgetting to share it with you. I promise I'll try to do better.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting...love your stories, and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your too busy to post, that a great thing. I am also glad that big city has enough things to keep you busy. Just don't forget about your loyal readers will be here waiting. Miss you, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the living instead of blogging. While I've managed to keep posting on my own blog, I haven't spent the time reading and commenting on others.
    I think we'll be in NYC again in July. Dave wants to go to the John Lennon exhibit. I'll keep you posted.
    Keep living and doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I may like "breeders" but I don't like the term.
    At all.

    ReplyDelete