Sunday, June 14, 2009

6.14.09


Can you spot Miss Marple? Look up:

Oh yes--there she is--lounging about up high. I love her.

Is this not the coolest sign? If you can't read it, it says: Anyone placing any ---(unreadable) brace on this balcony will be fined ten dollars. Yes, our apartment is so old that $10 was a hefty fine when they put that sign on our fire escape.
Oh, and here, please meet my pepper plant:
And my tomato plant:
And my basil plant. Yes, that basil leaf is the size of my hand. This is proof that you can have a successful New York City fire escape one pot garden.
Don't they look so cozy and happy after endless days of rain?
I snapped this one morning while getting ready for work. (Don't tell Nathan--haha).
Oh, and we had family come visit. What is everyone staring at (besides Nathan's mom)?
This:
What a crazy motorcycle, huh? It was on display at the Central Park skating rink. You should totally stop by next time you are in Central Park. These rollerbladers and rollerskaters are crazy. Picture this: that really great roller dancer from your local rink multiplied by 50 and all in Central Park. It's so cool to watch them dance on skates.
And, oh yes, we picniced in the Park too--what good is a sunny New York City Saturday in the summer without a picnic?
Hope you enjoy these recent scenes from our life!

3 comments:

  1. This has been my favorite NY post to date. I would love to know exactly how Miss Marple found her way to the top of that cabinet, and did she get any oreo's along the way?? Also how great is it to be a part of the brothers clan. Picnic's in the park, plus a shot of Nathan and Miss Marple catching zzz's, LOVE IT. Your NY life looks like the greatest, I really hope I can be there in August. I need a little BaBa Brothers in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most cats love high places, at least all of mine have.
    How nice would a picnic be....not sure if I'll ever know again, I'm still wearing fleece most days. I just don't remember it being this cold in June last year.

    ReplyDelete