Thursday, September 24, 2009

9.24.09

Whew. This week has been exhausting, no? I had compiled so many reports in the past two days that it's not even funny. I have worked SO hard and SO long, but I have truly loved it. You know why? Because I work with an amazing team of people and we laugh a lot. My last company was all about "the serious" and everything was an attempted power play of some sort. My company now is still such a refreshing change. It doesn't hurt that I work for a ridiculously successful start-up and that we know that all the work we do contributes to that success, but it is still a cultivated atmosphere of trust and dedication and hard work and fun. I can't get enough. Truly.

The past 10 days have also been a little physically exhausting because I'm started jogging again regularly, but, man oh man, how great is that feeling? You know what I mean?

Unfortunately, all that jogging means that my calves are freakishly large. Nope - not kidding. I measured them and then googled for about an hour one night about calf sizes. As far as I can tell, I have calves about the size of a woman twice my size. No joking. I mean, they are freakishly large.

And, truly, I was really bummed about it for a while because boots are SO CUTE and apparently they are completely unavailable to me. But then I remembered that I can, you know, jog and breathe and stuff. I'm not paralyzed - physically, mentally or emotionally like I was before. Life is good.

(But, really, I'll take boot suggestions if you have them. Haha.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel Ann! Kudos to you for getting into a jogging routine! I want to get into a workout routine, but I just haven't gotten that started.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete