Thursday, June 11, 2009

6.11.09

Well, my posts are just increasingly sporadic, are they not?

It's summer time and the living is chilly here in NYC and frantic. So far this week I had a hiring open house followed by eating mussels with my bosses until 11:00 pm (oh, and then I convinced myself that my cab driver was going to try to kill me because he was so FRIENDLY and I've been watching too much Law & Order), the first meeting of my new book club (fabulous! and full of other girls from NC--and some from other places), I put Miss Marple on a diet (seriously, y'all, my cat has a fat face--who knew that was even possible with cats) and a stranger/friend of a friend heard my plea for bulk yeast on Facebook and is shipping two pounds to me tomorrow.

In between, I haven't been responding to emails or picking up calls on my cell phone. I have been begging Nathan to get iphones. I have eaten Pinkberry only once (good for me) and I did some solitary shopping yesterday and found the perfect navy dress (JCrew) and the perfect navy shoes that toe the line between dressy and casual and are insanely comfy (Born). Obvi, I bought both--you don't search YOUR ENTIRE LIFE for items and then not buy them when they are on sale. I also ate a yummy brunch with a good ole friend (who just went on 7 dates in 7 days--record, no?--don't worry, it was set up for a blog--she's not a solid ball of pheromones or anything) and I've read a book or two.

Good week. So what's up with y'all?

No comments:

Post a Comment