Sunday, August 16, 2009

8.16.09

Besides the sweltering heat that I really think might kill me (I had 3 LITERS of water today by 5:00pm - it is sooooo steamy right now in NYC)*, these things made today indescribably wonderful:

1. Nathan is still home. I can't get over how great it is for him to be back since he was gone for 11 days.

2. Homemade salsa with huge amounts of cilantro.

3. Singing "Come Thou Fount" at church this morning - one of my Top 5 hymns.

4. Watching "Everything is Illuminated" this afternoon. HIGHLY recommend it. Made me miss Eastern Europe.

5. Taking a walk with Nathan this evening to buy fruit juice popsicles. Yummy.

6. Chalking "The Summer Day" by Mary Oliver on our chalkboard. One of my favorite poems.

7. Homemade lemonade: lemon juice, squeeze of agave nectar, water, ice cubes.

8. Reading interior decorating blogs and browsing Flickr for inspiration.

9. My new art from Made by Girl.

10. Having no formal plans until Labor Day!!! This has been an incredible and incredibly exhausting summer.

*And yes, I am from the south and I understand heat, but the city is one giant concrete, smelly, humid cooker and, as a bonus, it is almost as hot here as in NC - 97ish degrees today. Whew!.

1 comment:

  1. I think it may be hotter in NYC than NC today. Keep drinking water and stay hydrated. I love that poem!

    ReplyDelete