Monday, September 14, 2009

9.14.09

We're in the quite the transitional phase over here at our house.

We've finally put the duvet back on the bed after a long, hot stretch of the summer...but the windows are still open.

I have pumpkin scented soap in the bathroom...but tonight for supper we had fresh peaches and zucchini.

I made an arrangement of mini pumpkins for the coffee table...but drank out of my new sand dollar Tervis tumbler from the BFFs while I did it.

I'm aching for fall, but clinging to the last good days of summer. September is the kind of month when you wear a cardigan in the morning and are thankful to remove some layers in the afternoon.

September is all about the transition.

5 comments:

  1. I Heart This Post.

    What a perfect literary representation of September. Seriously. Beautiful. Bravo.
    (Plus, of course, I'm psyched that the basket and tumbler helped paint the picture.)

    Funny you should ask about kicking! My next lesson plan is soccer. Well... Actually, it's soccer juggling, so it's more like hacky-sack than it is kicking, but still. The kicking theme is implied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truer words never have been blogged before! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love this post!! It is sooo true. jack rogers in the evening and turtlenecks in the morning. awesome and sweet post xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see this, a recipe for DIY Pumkin Spice Lattes?

    http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/beverage/diy-pumpkin-spice-latte-096277

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally agree! could not have said it better myself. But now it is almost oct so bring on the fall. It is supposed to be in the high 80s today in NC.

    hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete