Sunday, January 17, 2010

1.17.10

Is it vain that I think the inside of my fridge is attractive? I just L-O-V-E having a full fridge. I like knowing that there are all these possibilities just waiting to be cooked up. True confession: I don't grocery shop with a list. I buy some fruits and veggies and then we have certain staples that we make sure are always on hand: soy milk (although I really need to switch to rice or almond or coconut milk - I'm working on it!), eggs, plain yogurt.

So, what's here?

Top shelf (left to right): Shredded Cabot cheese, herbed goat cheese, New York cheddar, soy milk, pitcher of iced Awake tea (in a pitcher my cousin MADE), orange juice (special treat for Nathan), bowl of apples, leftover baked tofu, leftover brown rice, leftover artichoke hearts, bowl of yeast.

Middle shelf (left to right): Nathan's peppery cream cheese, eggs, a container with parmesan in it, veggie dogs (to make veggie pigs-in-a-blanket for my friend's birthday this weekend), bowl of tomatoes, bowl of Bone Sucking Sauce (we put it on EVERYTHING), Ezekiel bread (oh my word - Best.Bread.Ever.) and a loaf of locally made raisin bread.

Bottom shelf (left to right): Crescent rolls (for aforementioned pigs-in-a-blanket; I don't normally buy those or any product like that, haha), fat-free plain yogurt (waiting to be frozen...mmm), a container of Rachel's yogurt (makes my throat itch, but it's SO yummy and I won't throw it out), arugula, spinach, romaine.

The bottom drawers contain a few bunches of carrots and assorted colors of peppers.

So, what's in your fridge?

5 comments:

  1. Nothing quite as interesting as your full refrigerator but I do have a crisper drawer full of fruit (leftovers from Christmas fruit baskets, etc.); a crisper drawer with some zucchini, a cabbage, broccoli, and some onions; a drawer of assorted cheeses (sharp cheddar, harvarti dill and hot pepper cheese). Also organic skim and organic 2% milk...and about 1/2 dozen eggs (free range, brown).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you getting your veggie dogs? Ever since Morningstar stopped making them, I haven't been able to find any anywhere. I'm using Morningstar Italian Sausage, but it's no where near the same. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, we buy Smart Dogs or Tofu Pups. We buy them at our local organic market (about $5 a package, so a definite splurge). I would guess that you could get them at Whole Foods too. You live by a Trader Joe's, correct? I *think* we used to buy Smart Dogs at TJ's in Boston. Ask the store manager if they can order them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fridge! Our fridge doesn't have that many interesting items in it, but I do love Frank's the way you love Bone Sucking Sauce. I have three huge bottles in the fridge! Also lots of eggs (I seem to go through a lot of those) and some random veggies and fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fridge is full of so much crap. It's not at all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete