Saturday, August 15, 2009

8.15.09

Well now, who's a terrible blogger? That would be me, I suppose.

I make no promises about the frequency of posting here. The last month has been a whirlwind and we have one more trip (to Charleston!) before we can call quits on the summer.

I was recently promoted and hopefully (!) I will be able to spend more time at home in the evenings which means more time blogging. My life has been out-of-control busy. I've been working hard and still trying to play harder. I've been eating a lot of black beans, okra and tomatoes and I recently purchased some candles that smell like cilantro because I want that smell to follow me.

Oh yes, we've also had four consecutive weekends of houseguests and Nathan has been out of town for 10 days. In short, life has been BUSY, but loads of fun.

I won't lie though - I'm craving fall. It's getting to be the really hot, long part of summer that makes you dream of pumpkins, cardigans, apple picking and leaves. I have big plans for this fall.

1. Wear this cardigan I recently purchased at J.Crew as much as possible. I love it.

2. Take my apartment in another decorating direction. I'm craving clean backdrops with pastel pops of color. I want to go in the direction of Anthropologie and move away from the Pottery Barn look. It's a good thing I don't have a yard or I would be painting every piece of furniture I own.

3. Spend as much time walking around New York as possible. We're planning to walk from one end of Manhattan to the other one Saturday.

4. Eat pumpkins. Keep investing deeply in relationships. Count my blessings daily.

Hugs and kisses to all of you still out there. I miss writing. I may or may not have ranted over lunch to a co-worker the other day about the lack of writing in my life. I hear there's a place I can flee to in Bahama, NC if I need a writing sabaticcal. That very well might happen.

4 comments:

  1. HOORAY! WELCOME BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cardigan! I know you will look lovely wearing it. Now that vacation is over, I am anticipating fall as well. Bring on the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have you in print. I was afraid that the muffins on your blog had gone stale.

    Writing in Bahama, contrary to your impresson,is hectic. Sometimes there are six or eight deer in the yard at once, so one can hardly concentrate on the flow of creative juices.

    Belton and Toni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!!
    Will you be around for Labor Day??
    We'll be in the city with ALL the animals on Thursday night through Monday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete