Friday, May 22, 2009

5.22.09

I just woke up at the crack of dawn to chop garlic to make pizza dough. It was glorious! I love being awake early in the morning and being able to chop garlic was an added bonus.

Hopefully, I'll make it through the work day after my early rise. I have no idea if we get to leave early this afternoon. I'm hoping we can leave at 4:00. That would be perfect. We have dinner guests coming over at 7:30 and I was hoping to make an apple pie too. Why yes, it does sound as if we're carb loading, doesn't it? We aren't. I just promised Nathan last weekend I'd make him an apple pie and today seemed like a good day to do so since we'll be able to share it with others.

I was planning on having spicy hummus (made last weekend) with carrots as an appetizer, but my carrots spontaneously turned to mush yesterday. Yuck! I think we may have fresh pineapple as an appetizer now.

Y'all, I am so looking forward to this weekend. Starting with breakfast tomorrow, we are being so selfish with our long weekend and not sharing it with anyone but each other. We're planning on walks, possibly some fabric shopping (yes, Nathan is prepared to go fabric shopping with me) and lots of little home projects that are always put aside when we have exciting weekend plans come up.

I've spent the past two weekends running around the city and the New Jersey suburbs with friends and next weekend we have family visiting. A weekend for regrouping couldn't come at a better time.

I hope y'all have a most relaxing or fun or productive or perfect (you choose) weekend you want!

1 comment:

  1. You & Nathan have fun and enjoy your weekend. It's OK to be selfish when it's with each other. Love you!

    ReplyDelete