Saturday, May 9, 2009

What's the story, Morning Glory?

It is not a Morning Glory kind of morning here in New York City. It's foggy and drizzly and humid and sticky and, wouldn't you know, I've been up since 7:00 am cleaning.

I'm waiting for the library to open because I have about a hundred thousand books on hold that I need to pick up. Then, oh and I'm so excited, two of my dear friends from Boston are coming into town around lunchtime. We have an afternoon of shopping planned followed by a giant night out with lots of girls. I am beyond excited.

Today while I'm out shopping, I'm on the hunt for: a khaki jacket, comfy heels, a black jersey dress and little gifts and trinkets for my giveaway. Who's the lucky recipient?

Well, I used random.org to pick the winner and it is The Landlocked Mermaid! Y'all, she is going through a tough time right now since her grandmother passed away and I cannot wait to shower her with a little love in the form of a package of goodies. So, LM, email me (nathanandrachelann AT gmail DOT COM) your mailing address and I'll have that in the mail to you soon.

I wanted to answer a few questions from the comments on our Welcome post:

First off, we would love to meet up with anyone who happens to be in New York. We don't have many regular places yet, so we aren't much help there, but we're always up for grabbing dinner or coffee (or cupcakes!). Just let us know when you'll be around. Now, as to when we'll be in North Carolina, who knows. It's so sad, but we have no upcoming trips planned. I am incredibly busy at work right now and probably will be for at least 3-4 months, so I hesitate to buy any tickets.

Also, I'm so excited that so many people that I've lost contact with throughout the years are reading! I've added all of you to my Reader, so hopefully we can keep up with each other now.

Lisa said she was surprised at the size of our apartment. It's true, Lisa, we have a FANTASTIC apartment per NYC standards, but we also live way, way uptown which makes it more affordable. We also looked about, no joking, 50 apartments so we had a lot of choice. I think a lot of people see one or two, fall in love and go for it, but Nathan and I want different things about of living spaces. It took a while to find one that hit on all of our desires.

And yes, Sal, the frames are Bed, Bath & Beyond. I tend to go low end when I buy things like picture frames or, really, anything that doesn't need to really be used. If it hangs or sits, it most likely cheap. For instance, many of the items in our living room were either found at Ikea, Bed Bath & Beyond or, my favorite, the street. We have a few flea market and yard sale pieces too. I like the thrill of the hunt and I find it inspiring that I'm never quite finished.

Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday and a great Mother's Day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. It was a fabulous Saturday and I had a great Mother's Day! I love your new blog, dear. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. landlocked mermaidMay 13, 2009 at 8:16 AM

    Thank you Rachel Ann!! YOU are too nice. I appreciate your sweet words and can't wait to get my treat! I sent you an email... let me konw if you got it xo
    pagranata@yahoo.co m

    ReplyDelete